Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Blog Birthday

Yesterday was the first birthday of my friend, Anne's, blog, Anne's Awesome Adventures.  (If you aren't already a follower, I highly recommend this blog.)  It was Anne who inspired me to start this blog and who gets me writing when I start to drift away.

Several years ago, Anne, Brenda, Jan and I (and possibly Kasey, but I don't remember) undertook an adventure, performing public readings of our work at Cornelia Street Cafe in Greenwich Village.  The next spring, Anne was invited back to read, and Brenda and I accompanied her.  Thanks to Brenda, our bff with the coolest connections, we stayed at The Harvard Club in New York City.

A few days after I returned home, a cream-colored envelope arrived in the mail with the return address of "The Harvard Club."  Inside was a sheet of Harvard Club stationery on which Anne had written, "Dear Becky, Sit down and write that damned book."  I still have that note, it is right in front of me as I write this.  Best nudge I ever got.  When I forget why I'm pecking away at my computer, I just re-read that note and remember why.

Thanks, Anne.  And happy BlogDay, a day late.

1 comment: